Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Bookworm


I love to read. I absolutely adore it, actually. However, there comes a point when you just can't find anymore good books to read. If you're stuck in that hole, that's what these posts are for. I'll post my favorites of everything-stories telling of great adventures by noble heroes, advice from Christian men and women that I believe should be taken to heart and practiced, missionary tales, heartwarming love stories...anything really. I'll place a brief description so you'll know whether or not you'd like to read it too. Oh, and the best place to get books-the local library (especially if you've got a brand-spanking new one right up the street).

So let's get started, shall we? For this week, I recommend:

Authentic Beauty: The Shaping of a Set Apart Young Woman by Leslie Ludy
This book means so much to me. It was the start of my journey that brought me closer to Christ. Now, given, it's only a book for girls, so guys don't win out on this one. Here's what the dust jacket says about the book:
In a culture that mocks our longing for tender romance, in a world where fairy tales never seem to come true-do we dare hope for more? For every young woman asking that question, this book is an invitation. With refreshing candor and vulnerability, best-selling author Leslie Ludy reveals how, starting today, you can experience the passion and intimacy you long for. You can begin a never-ending love story with your true Prince. Discover the authentic beauty of a life fully set-apart for Him. Experience a romance that will transform every part of your existence and fulfill the deepest longings of your feminine heart. 
I think every young woman should read this book. It has shaped my life in so many ways. I cannot be more grateful that my sister got me to read it. It took me from a girl who cared only about the things of this world to one who was joyfully consumed in the things of Christ. And Leslie has plenty of other books, should you enjoy this one. She also has a website that does a magazine every two months with plenty of good advice and little tidbits.

No comments:

Post a Comment