Saturday, January 25, 2014

S'more Dipped Strawberries

So I was having one of those days. You know, the ones where you're craving certain things but nothing as a whole. Today, for me, it was strawberries, chocolate, and marshmallow fluff. Now, at first, I tried to resist since I'm trying to steer clear from treats as much as possible. But eventually I gave in. And this the result:

 
I know, they look amazing, right? So here's how you make them.

Ingredients:

20 Fresh Strawberries
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup marshmallow fluff

Directions:

Start by melting the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave them in thirty second increments, stirring each time. Do this 4 or 5 times, just until the chocolate is creamy. But be careful. If you heat them up for too long then they'll first become crumbly and then burn.

Put the marshmallow fluff in another bowl if you're like me (a medical major or have any experience in the food industry or just plain OCD, which is perfect okay because I am too) to avoid cross contamination in the original container. Or if you don't mind getting some strawberry juices in the container you can just leave it as is.


Wash your strawberries and drain them well. Then pat them dry with a paper towel. If you don't the fluff won't stick to them and you'll just end up plain old frustrated. Also check to make sure that they aren't over ripe. This will also prevent the fluff from sticking to them. Basically you want a strawberry that's nice and dry on the outside. Otherwise you're going to run into some problems.

Dip the strawberries first in the fluff and then in the chocolate. Then place them gently on a baking sheet. You can either let them air dry or put them in the freezer if you're impatient.

And I know, I really shouldn't eat these. But I've also heard that it's good to satisfy your cravings every once and while. So that makes it all right, doesn't it? So go on. Try one. I dare you. Do it. Do it. You know you want to. I'm so proud of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment